Saturday 15 May 2021

Teddy Bear Picnic Crop - Day 1

So last night was the first day of our National Scrapbook Day crop for the library - our theme was Teddy Bear Picnic and so far it is going really well. We ended up with 19 people and everyone seems to be having a pretty good time. And I even got a fair amount finished!!

I started off by finishing up the ATCs for the swap group I am in with Dooreen. Like I said before, the theme for May was Celebration and I decided to go with May the 4th Be With You - I am a Star Wars geek after all! And I absolutely LOVE how they came out - pretty much EXACTLY as I envisioned them. I could not be happier with them. I can't wait for my fellow swappers to get them!!!



Since I was making ATCs I decided to do the ones for my other swap group - Amy's Art Alchemy. They aren't due until middle of June, but they have to go all the way to Texas so I figured earlier was better than later! I love how they came out too - and I was able to use them for the first of the crop challenges, which was Sumer themed.


We also had a couple make n takes last night - ShawnaLee did some flowers for hers, but I was too busy making my ATCs so I just watched. I will make them tomorrow probably! And then I showed everyone how to make the little Retro TV. I love how everyone did them slightly different - and they all seemed to enjoy them!!

This is the TV I made and sent them the pieces for.

And these are the TVs some of the gals made - a few turned them into shaker cards!






The last thing I did last night was the final challenge, which was something Teddy Bear or child themed. I used the teddy bears we got in our kit, along with the tag from TM and made a two sided tag for my project. Turned out super cute!!



Now it is time to start Day 2!! I am looking forward to more fun and more craftiness with my peeps! So till next time, stay safe and stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment