Tuesday 7 April 2020

STEAMPUNK SEAWORLD TAGS

I finished another major project this weekend. The amazing Tim Holtz has been doing online Facebook lives for the last little while since his doctors have told him he can't travel. The first one he did a few weeks ago was about using his new Distress Glazes and since I just got them I wanted to try it out with a project I had in mind after I got the newest Stamperia line - Mechanical Seaworld. He also did an Instagram mini tutorial on it, so I followed that as well. So here is how I did it:

The first step was to add Distress Spray stains with water to the tag

After they dried, I added the new Distress Crackle Paste to them through stencils, then added the Distress Glazes on top of the crackle paste while it was still wet. You have to let it dry naturally so you get the cracks. Once dried, you use a heat gun to set the crackle. 
I LOVE how they came out!!!




Then I used the Mechanical Seaworld paper to create more texture and the look I wanted.


Next step was to add the clay Octopus and Sea Horse I made



Then it was time to paint the clay. It would have been easier to do before I adhered the clay figures to the tags, but of course I didn't figure that out till after they were attached! It took me a bit to get the look I wanted, but in the end they came out even better than I could have hoped!





The last step was to add other ephemera to them - I absolutely LOVE how they came out!!
Here are some close ups pictures and photos of the tags as a whole.









This is one of my favourite projects I have ever done! My pal Matt said he wanted them but I am keeping these for me for sure! I will likely be doing more crafting this week, and we might even do another Zoom crafting session on the weekend as well. I also got more happy mail today so will have pictures of that for you tomorrow. So till then, stay safe and stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment