Monday 20 April 2020

Today is another day that I get to stay home and craft - France is working for me on Monday's this month so I get another day at home to be crafty! I finished off my projects I was telling you about yesterday, as well as doing a couple more things. Sunday was another very productive day for sure. 

First off, I finished the mini canvas that I started. Like I said, this was a great tutorial from Mixed Up Creative Academy - it is part of their Wellspring 2020 course. I also belong to their Facebook group called Mixed Up Creatives - I HIGHLY recommend both!! The turtorial was to do a mini canvas using denim - I didn't have any denim I wanted to use, but I did have some GREAT Tim Holtz fabric I was dying to find a use for and it was perfect for this project. Very happy with the end result.


Once I finished this, I completed the layout with my family for the Scrap Addicts challenge. I really love the photos from this project as it shows how my husband, son and grandson can all do this fun raised eyebrow look. And my grandson is so cute cause he always asks me if I can do it too and seems quite disappointed when I cannot. The layout came out even better than I expected.


After I got all these done, I decided that if I was going to work on my wedding album I should likely get it organized - figure out what photos I wanted and where. I did  short video as my crafty pals wanted to see what I was working on. I have my work cut out for me if I want to get it done before my anniversary in August. 


I was so inspired by my video that I ended up doing a few pages. These ones did not take that long as it was basically just matting the photos and doing some journalling. Most of the pages are going to be like this so I am hoping that will help me get the album done in my time frame!




I also found some inspriation this weekend - in the strangest places! Doug had to change a lightbulb in our hallway and when I was helping him and he handed the burnt one to me I looked at it and said - "OMG that is so cool - I have to put it in a project!" Am I right or what?!


I also found this Rolodex that I got from my pal Wendy when she had her store W2Scrapbooking. She gave it to me when I was on the 7 Gypsies design team.


I am going to have to find some great vintage or Steampunk projects for these items. A balloon was suggested for the light bulb, so I have to do some thinking on that!!  Now it is time for me to get back to my crafty space and do more creating. So till next time, stay safe and stay crafty my peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment